Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Happiness Home by Vee

September 23, 2090
Hi, Granddad,
Hope you like living in the `Happiness Home for Societal Elders.’ At 126, you should still be active in the world, but I know you’ve been lonely since your last wife died. Was she your seventh or eighth? Sorry I can’t keep them straight. My favorite, of course, was my grandmother. What was her name, again?
In case you haven’t heard yet, I re-married last winter. I know you liked Diana, but her latest `Boob and Face Fix' didn’t take well. She was a small woman anyway, and ended up looking like she was only two inflated balloons floating under a lopsided face.
Betta, my new wife, is tall and runs marathons. She’s only sixty-two, so still has many good face lifts left. She has a new artificial kidney, which works like a charm. When we fly our air scooters, she doesn’t have to keep looking for a bladder emptying room. Now Ancesta, my third wife, was forever zipping down to pee.
Betta is a great cook. She creates miracles with a few self-heating meals. Last night we had soy steak with red current sauce, and non-alcoholic vodka martinis. Sometimes I envy my own ancestors, Granddad. Did you ever drink a real martini? Just when were the drink police created, anyway?
Well, please use your thumb machine and write, and tell me more about the old days. I love your stories, especially the ones handed from my ancestors, when television was inside a box, not in three-dimensional reality in front of you. And people flew in airplanes, instead of personal machine attachments. I can’t imagine being trapped inside a machine with a few hundred people!
What horrifies me, though, is the thought of being physically examined by a doctor. How barbaric. Swallowing a pill that is later analyzed by your Waste-Tech Computer is civilized. Glad I’m a modern man.
Well, I have to go now. I’m due for a hair replacement treatment. My new color is brown. I like it a lot. What color was your hair when you were only 80?
Best Thoughts,
Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home